Friday, July 29, 2011

Alla Prima Before and After



Today's alla prima (pond from Waltman Park on the riverwalk)- the toned under painting and finished painting. Sorry, photo is a little skewed. This is 9x12. Lots of fun to paint- I'm really enjoying the alla prima process, being spontaneous and letting the paint sit where it happens. Toning the canvas is very nice as it turns- I can forget about "bare" spots. These paintings "just happen"- I'm sure in the back of my mind resides my training- but I never plan a finished product. That's the fun. I have two more canvases to attack for a Studio Artist Show at the RRCA this month.
Someone asked, and I'm happy to report my inflamed ribs (costochondritus) are healing quite well. But it's been a slow process- it is almost two months since the injury now. I am able to lift weights quite easily (light) and today used the stomach crunch machine at 50 lbs- I usually do 80- so I am progressing. As I won't have to swim as much to exercise the site, I will have more time for art!....

No comments:

Post a Comment