Monday, October 17, 2011

Cognate Difference?



An experiment I think I will explore further. The top photo is an oil paint cognate worked with pastel on rice. I've printed quite a few cognates but have been frustrated with the rice paper's inability to hold much pastel. The "paintings" come out flat and unexciting. Stiff. The second photo is oil paint cognate on Canson grey pastel worked with pastel, and the results are much more satisfying and fun. Looser, if that's a word:) I don't know if the difference is perceptible in low resolution pics. I only had a few sheets of Canson, have to order more. Third photo- oil paint monotype on archival typewriting paper. Someone gave me a full box. I was using up paint from my plein air outings. I didn't photo the cognates.......Lots of fun:)

No comments:

Post a Comment