Friday, March 20, 2009

Third Friday Weekends


This morning is rainy, but it is supposed to clear. A little chilly for the first day of spring. I am relaxed, but eager- as it is Third Friday weekend- and I had hurt my back this week and was laid up for a few days. I have something to look forward to! There is a wonderful exhibition at the RRCA (where I teach and volunteer) this month, varied, colorful, textured, assemblages, traditional pieces. Tonight I will gallery sit, my usual activity on Third Friday. It is fun- people watching. My joy comes though from the wonderful exhibition as Monday morning I get to teach a grade school class about the exhibition and a related art activity.


I may write more over the weekend as it progresses. Sunday we also have Poetry On High, a three hour venue for local poets to perform.

In the meantime, yesterday I was given this photo of myself painting at East Point Lighthouse last summer. It was my first experience painting plein air, and I fell in love. I am preparing to do studies by our beautiful Maurice River as soon as the weather is stable.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment