Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just teasing......


I realized (remembered) with a bit of horror the other day, that when I started this blog I had filled out an e-mail list for some to be sent the posts to read, and they were being read. So much for writing in secure anonymity! Ha! Oh well.......sometimes I am just an open book......


I went to Rowan University yesterday to visit my alma mater, see the changes I had heard about of town, and say hi to "my profs". Well, they were "my" profs- they taught me, no possessiveness intended though now. True to my word to one prof who expressed amused horror at my taking his pic, I'll just post a pic of Westby Arts, the building where I spent so much time. I started school in '81 when it was Glassboro State. I left in '86 to raise a family, returned to Rowan College in '92, left Rowan University in'97 with a BA. I had also moved from Millville to Glassboro in '96, lived in Glassboro for 10 years. I made a pain of myself I'm sure, hanging out on campus- but I loved the enviroment and the art department. Plus I was a member of the student recreation center (and I continue to exercise to this day). Rowan/Glassboro was my home for a very long time.


I'm not going to go on about my visit, save to say I love and appreciate everyone dearly. We had our chats and a few e-mails afterwards. I owe much learning to the profs- art AND life.


A subject came up I want to mention- the importance of the creative process BEYOND the end result, say as in showing. Being creative IS important, searching, learning, doing, in and of itself, for itself. I needed to hear that. It is what I am currently caught up in- THE PROCESS- not the end result (that will take care of itself, if it does)- and I want to continue with this current focus. Nice to be verified, validated, encouraged. Thanks guys!:)


And back to the easel.........May be nice this weekend. Plein Air? Maybe. It's also Third Friday weekend........

No comments:

Post a Comment