Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pochades 4 and 5




So happy to be out there painting today, though it took a bit of discipline at first. I'm still sneezing and coughing some. And didn't quite have the energy I'd like. But the weather is so nice and cool, brought a jug of coffee and some tunes. It's funny how you paint better than you think you will when you don't feel you have it in you. Eventually I got lost in the paint and trying out different sizes of brush. The past weekend held the fourth Plein Air Competition in Millville and I was fortunate to be working at the RRCA Sunday when most of the paintings were received. What beauty and loveliness, and what a chance to learn! I'm still very green and new, but it's wonderful to have so much opportunity stretched ahead of me!
This is behind the local library where there is a expanse of old wall/building cascading with greenery and trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment