Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Universe Gave Her Boots




Life is busy right now, with paperwork because I'm working, and I have a show coming up at Perkins Center for the Arts Collingswood July 11th. More on that later. I wanted to share a prized new possession, a painting by my dear friend Anna Vosburgh. Wonderfully, I received it the day before my birthday, how joyous! "The Universe Gave Her Boots" is a portrait of a mutual friend, Rita Lyman, who directs Poetry On High here in Millville. Rita is a poet, artist, massage therapist. She just returned from Argentina as an exchange between our countries, of the arts. Rita is big on healing and the transmission of positive energies. The story of the rainbow boots is this- Rita needed rain boots at one point and had no money so went to a thrift shop. They had boots in her size- Rainbow boots! The universe provided boots no matter how bright (and yes, Rita's feet are tiny and delicate)! Eventually Rita posed for Anna in those boots (and not much else, Rita also works as a live model). I fell in love the painting immediately. And I love that's a portrait of a friend, by a friend.






Anna had her eye on one of my more outrageous paintings, SHUTUP, quite frankly I had lived with it a long time and was more than ready to part with it. So Anna and I exchanged! We are both quite happy with our paintings from each other, and it's funny (I suppose)- we couldn't afford each other- so it was a happy exchange.






I wanted to share this beautiful work with everyone. A lovely addition to a small collection I've started of local artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment