Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sigh.....

Two whole days in which to paint. Maybe three, maybe four. I'm not even going to post an image, these days are MINE. I can't say the last time I held a paintbrush in my hand- tho I do recall saying how much I missed painting. Last night this feeling overtook me, that I have been taking care of the world. I know that's unrealistic, but sometimes with those close to me it's sometimes the truth. I have an aging parent who feels compelled to tell me her daily activities, I have children who are grown- yet not quite there yet. An arts district- well sometimes they get too nibby, I'm sorry, "what are you doing, what are you painting, where are you showing, have you sold". The last day I worked I went home the back way, took another street, to avoid questions. You get to feeling that you MUST put out, provide, entertain, be part of, always. It's a community sure, but right now I need my alone time to work.

Had another day of paperwork, but I made sure to get a swim in, and later, some time at the gym with my daughter. Then a bubble bath.

See you when I see you, I'm out for the next couple days..........:)

No comments:

Post a Comment