Sunday, July 19, 2009

Well......

Remember this? I guess I'm asking of those who are e-mailed this blog- I only have 46 views since the start. Working today, and I uploaded this image in case I felt like taking a break and writing.

Today, no heels, just fancy work flip flops. I enjoyed a few days dressing down, AND took up swimming again, jocking out too. Have decided to take swim lessons at the gym where I work out. The swimming has soothed my soul and spirit. Someone remarked to me that "sore feet are par for the course"- are they?

Friday night I was informed that two days will soon be added onto my work week. I am thrilled, I love this job and am so fortunate. It will leave me three days a week (and two half days) in which to paint, but that will be ok. I'm not sneezing at this opportunity.

Not what I wanted to write about though. As last I wrote I had been feeling as if I needed to take care of the world, this morning I felt as if the world owned me. This painting comes to mind- or it's sister painting, the first Mast- and it's owner. I have no idea where the painting or the owner is, but I do catch remnants of past correspondence to him- it's so annoying. The "machine" I used to call it. It never ceases to amaze me why some won't move on. "Mast I" was "do as I say, not as I do" and I found myself in a life directed by others because of what I wrote him. I painted "Mast II" so he could have his, and I could have mine.......but he still resurfaces. I ignore, like a pesky bot on a chat site.

I have my own life now. Someone wanted to buy Mast II, without releasing the reproduction rights to me- I thought it would've been dangerous enough parting with the painting, let alone losing all rights. So it is still mine. No one can find it though. I'm not telling where it is. My boat. His boat.........

I wrote on Facebook yesterday that I was "On Vacation" and not about to tell anyone what I'm doing. I might have that attitude for awhile- that I will explain in appropriate timing. There's a reason. Anyway and anyhoo- I have a show to ready for next month at the RRCA as a Center Member Artist. I do have seven paintings ready, but they need varnishing and framing.......

Until..........

No comments:

Post a Comment