Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Tattoo
















Trouble sleeping this morning, waking with excitement. Was hoping to sleep long enough to walk by the river in early morning with a cappuccino. Ah, so I write now. Yesterday was a big day. I and a friend went to Synergy, a tattoo shop on High Street, and I got a tattoo I've been wanting for- at least a year and a half. She got a Buddha on her forearm. Mine is a rose, purple- with an "R". That is for "Randy", as in Randy Dennison- my pen name. Placed so you will sorta be able to see it- at least at the gym (though I am not allowed to lift weights for a few days).
It wasn't that painful, less so than I remembered with my first. It's almost hypnotic after awhile.
I know it isn't kosher, and I somewhat apologize if need be (though it is my body.......). I was in Bogart's getting a cup of coffee beforehand, talking about my appointment. This woman came in- she almost looked Amish, but she exclaimed "HOW can anyone get a tattoo after the Holocaust!!!!!" Then the conversation turned with a friend I was sitting with, how he has been thrown out of synagogues for his tattoos. I myself was thrown out of an office of a Jewish friend after my first (15 years ago).
It's art. Symbolic, personal, meaningful. Means something to me. I want more.
The tattoo artist was a great conversationalist, rock music was blaring, it was fun.
Marks a new beginning. I have news, some of you may know of or by now or will- I am taking a three month leave of absence from work. Health issues and a new start.........

No comments:

Post a Comment