Saturday, May 8, 2010

River Morning
















It was/is a grab a cappuccino and walk the river kind of morning. Just absolutely beautiful. Dressed in tank, shorts and flip flops, cloudy with bursts of sun and wind gusts- the weather felt so good whipping across my bare skin.- Couple weeks ago I was informed when I turn 50 (two Junes from now) I will have to relocate from my present housing as this building has been strictly designated for "young disableds". I might luck out- I might be relocated to a site near Union Lake- new fodder for the paint- but until then I'm trying to absorb as much of the river as I can. I needed this- I have been out of town for several weeks, "9 to 5", up at the crack of dawn six days a week, regulated. I needed the wind in my hair and between my toes.










I luckily ran into another good artist friend and her dog, and we walked and chatted. She does work that is a little bizarre (compared to her conservative appearance), subjects resulting from dreams, and we've always got along quite well. We sat/studied together during the watercolor classes. Since I've been out of town for at least five weeks she informed me of something I didn't know- the city cancelled all activities along the river this year. No movie nights, no Summerfest, chili cook off, etc. What a bummer for potentially my last year here. Has the city really been hit that hard? I don't know.










Some pics from a morning walk about a week ago......

1 comment: