Friday, May 28, 2010

The Tunnel




Last Third Friday I showed in a new venue- the "Tunnel", or the alleyway across the street from the RRCA. A very good musician friend of mine, Kevin Smith, or The Troubadour KP, took over the alley about two years ago to showcase his music and others on Third Friday. Kevin is one of my biggest supporters and owns a bit of my work. This year Kevin has hung a large screen behind the musicians and projects work slides of visual artists. It was quite exciting- but I only caught the tail end of my showing (130 slides) as I was volunteering at the RRCA most of the night. Next Third Friday.


I'm in a buoyant mood as I just finished a major whirlwind of spring cleaning, scrubbing walls, windows, appliances, shredding files (120 gallons!), etc. Took a couple weeks. I haven't tackled the studio yet, but I saved that for last wanting to soak up the atmosphere. I think I mentioned here that I might have to move in a year, so I was preparing. I wanted everything in order so I could enjoy the river with what time left.- Well, they- Housing- were planning a complete restructuring of all residences, moving A LOT of people. Some of those hired lawyers and sued, so all moves are now on hold. So I have a very clean and organized home, and nothing to do but art- for who knows how long.......

No comments:

Post a Comment