Thursday, July 8, 2010

Whew!




I just prepared for four shows. Delivered four River paintings to the RRCA for this months "From The Studio: Best Art at or Under $100". Opening- July 16th Third Friday. Few days later I submitted a CD with four enhanced digitals for the RRCA "Photo Ex"- which is next month- I'll find out by the end of this month if I made it in. Last week I painted eight 5x7's, fall, for a show I was asked to put up in a stained glass studio in Village on High, next month also. I will be including other River paintings in this show as well. With all this I had to redo/retype my bio as my old file wouldn't transfer to the new computer and allow additions. Today I painted six "refrigerator paintings"- 2x3's with magnets attached- for December's "Artful Giving" at the RRCA. This is to be combined with the little falls I don't sell, and little digital prints I have framed. There is a show too at the Atlantic County Library I may be included in, September or October.


Ahhhhhhh. Now down to some serious work, six 16x20's, fall rivers, for the RRCA "Center Member Artist Show"- September/October. I might take tomorrow off, clear some clutter out of my apartment so I'll feel I'll see better, before I start. Take an early morning walk by the river with a cappuccino to set the mood. Go for a swim. I want to be very centered and conscious of what I'm doing, not just slap fun paint down. Blocked a new one out today after changing my mind about one of the six, including a pic so you can see the magic of the scene.


I've been reading Thoreau at night, his journals. Plus the history of yoga philosophy. All to keep the spirit of the wildness of the river scenes I've chosen.


I don't know how far I'll sink into paint oblivion for the rest of the month......

No comments:

Post a Comment