Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My New RRCA Printmaking Studio











Finished setting up my printmaking studio at the RRCA this afternoon. Nice, cozy space, fresh breeze- plus all the other benefits- being in contact with other working studio artists, the environment of the RRCA, and exposure! I have half a studio, sharing it with Cathie Skinner, a pastel artist. It's quite enough room as I still have my bedroom studio at home. Wow! A space completely devoted to monoprints! Maybe even some linoleum cuts!




One wall is brick and hung with chains to hang paintings. I have 14 Fall paintings I can arrange in the studio after the next RRCA show (funny note- I discovered this morning I wired one of my paintings upside down! Gotta fix that!). The opposite wall is reserved for working prints. Have a nice archival box to store them in too......

No comments:

Post a Comment