Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Painting a Day....






I am working on six paintings, 16 x 20's, and hoping to paint a painting a day- by Saturday. I didn't plan this, it just happened with the first painting, wanting to be quick, fresh, capturing my first impression without preconception. Finished the painting in a day and decided to follow through with the other five as well this way. It's very pleasurable, and I get paint all over myself! Very messy. I like the effect, the obvious brush stroke. These paintings are for the Center Member Artist Show in September/October. It's a very freeing way to paint!



Wednesday I will take a break and set up my show at Cedar Creek Studio in the Village on High. I will be showing (and hopefully selling) "little falls" and computer prints. The opening there is this Third Friday as well as the studio's one year celebration. I will also be showing at "Photo Ex" at the RRCA. And the Tunnel Alley Gallery across the street.



I received word/e-mail yesterday that I will be participating in my first Manhattan/NY State exhibitions through Papergirl http://www.papergirl-ny.com/. It is a non-profit organization that collects prints internationally, exhibits the work, then distributes the works to strangers via bicycle! I have two prints submitted. There will be three exhibitions. Dumbo Art Center- Aug. 24th and 25th, The Armory in Manhattan- Aug. 27th to 29th, and The Marketplace Gallery in Albany- Sept. 3rd through Sept. 6th. Exciting! (Thanks Fred!)



Very busy. Now I must revamp my bio.....

No comments:

Post a Comment