Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Glad It's Over











Sometimes I'm a real home body, having a few of those days now. Couple days off work and I just want to dwell on, deal with- me, myself, I, and my dwelling. Framing, a show, an interview, resulting article and all the Facebook e-mails and congratulations, Third Friday (and Third Friday week at work)- I was exhausted this past weekend. I'm not particularly fond of PR. At this point- it just seems part of the "job"- Oh Yea, gotta push yourself. Ha. Rather not. Rather paint. Sorry. But it's all for a good cause I suppose, the RRCA and the river got press. The district was excited.




The interview was lots of fun, and I made good friends with the photographer from the shoot. It was inspiring discussing the series ON the riverfront and explaining my love for the subject. The article was postponed a few days, which was fortunate because I was immune to it by the time it published. I found something out through this. People were more excited because they KNEW me, rather than being excited FOR me. That was odd. Even autographed a copy. Well.




Third Friday arrived with a power outage- my former advisor from Rowan got to view my exhibition in the dark. That's a shame. Good constructive criticism I much appreciate. So far the series is getting a nice reception- AND, I get to play mystery shopper. The work is hung right next to my desk at work- so I get to listen to the comments, mostly good (I liked- "Oh! Someone really likes green!) without revealing who I am. I just smile and ask- "You like?"....








Sigh. I want to get my hands back into the paint now.








Discovered something else too over the past few days. Old friend/enemy/nemesis/thorn in my side/joy of my life/darkest hours of my life- ETC- the painting Mast I no longer exists. And I so fretted just a short while ago. Over thin air apparently. It was lost in a fire about eight years ago. So I was informed. That is a lesson.








I don't think I'll ever let a painting hold me hostage ever again...........you lose time that way........

No comments:

Post a Comment