Friday, October 23, 2009

Breakfast by the river




I finally painted this week (plein air), after much time adjusting to a work schedule, and decided this morning to have breakfast by the river and extend my mood so to speak. There are moments- many of them- when I want to fold, walk away from the rat race. Even my painting was a little too hurried this week, so I thought; this morning I thought about how I used to have my own schedule and didn't have to "fit" things in. Like creativity. I won't leave my job though, I am fortunate to be working at the RRCA, and recently I was informed I may sketch at work on my down time, that it would also be good for the center. I haven't yet, but I think I will soon. I've been reading and perusing the computer. Facebook takes a lot of time and lately it has seemed shallow to me.




Life. Yesterday I went out to the river to paint and was greeted with very loud machinery across stream, they were clearing underbrush with a plow of some sorts, it was almost devastating- the noise. I thought about leaving. Had headphones/radio. This morning I sat down to munch on a pumpkin muffin and study the trees- maintenance men appeared to empty the garbage cans. I can't win, I thought, but this is how it is. All this "constructed" beauty under perpetual and constant construction, that's our arts district. If you choose to look at it that way. The bridge I painted this week has been out all summer, I haven't walked across it once to get to the other side. It doesn't suit me well this do, do, do, as the sell, sell, sell didn't either. I don't know if I'll ever get anything done for Artful Giving- I may just pull a Walden and just continue to paint the river..........

No comments:

Post a Comment