Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hmmmmmmmm.......
















......what to title this post. In my second day off this week, and I'm "rebelling". I went for a walk around the river this morning with my camera, lovely, and decided to come home and pack up and go back out with the french easel. Maybe tomorrow too. It's too nice to stay inside and paint pretty little flower paintings for Artful Giving- though I sorta promised I'd knock some out. IT'S MY DAYS OFF and I want to spend them on ME sometimes, not more work for the RRCA. Actually, I just think it's nature and the weather and paint calling. I'm still adjusting to working, and this week I started teaching again too.










Last week I had a visit from an old high school friend I hadn't seen in 25 years- the week before I was busy getting my home ready for the visit. She came by, my daughter and mother came by, and no one noticed ANYTHING about my place- new rug, new pictures. What a revelation- that I certainly don't have to keep up with the Jones's, as I felt I should. That was miserable. Cleaning to impress. In a short few I'll put on my scruffy painting clothes and be quite happy.










I've had an about face and have been studying books by Andrew Weil, healthy aging, eating for optimum health, holistic medicines, etc., to improve my well being. I exercise religiously but my diet could improve. I want to fully understand what goes on in my body with what I put into it. On my walk I was thinking- Oh, I'm getting old- but maybe it is just more aware. There was a time when I wouldn't care to think about such things, as if I was invincible. I've also started practicing Core Fusion- very complete and holistic exercise regimen. Feeling quite good and energetic.










Well, I'll post some pics of my early morning cappuccino walk, plus a pic from the Silver Run class.......

No comments:

Post a Comment