Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Scarlet Letter



Finally had FUN today, after about three weeks of hell. And I mean HELL. Easter Sunday I went to the RRCA as it was closed- to work in peace and quiet- because of it. It has been very rough. I couldn't step outside my apartment door without being questioned, I caught various attitudes at the gym, Wawa was rough, then nice, as was the crowds on the river. Religion was shoved down my throat by those religious and I was constantly corrected in everything I said. I was slapped about by every e-mail I sent and post I posted on Facebook. Even one of my copyrights was being used! Lovely to be controlled by that. Then men started telling me what my "problem" was. I eventually had to resort to my Coast Guard training to survive it. I told my best friend- well, we are all used to it- but I had no break except in my own home or the RRCA. (Script isn't working in blogger tonite- will have to write one paragraph). Then she saw it happen. Hmmmph. Anyway- Anna Vosburgh and I had lots- LOTS of fun today at the RRCA. We're teaching at Multi-Cultural Week- next week and "had" to be there to learn how to make origami frogs. But I wanted to print too, and did, and she wanted to clean her studio (she is a studio artist as well). We both are in the "Colors of Hope" Exhibition. We worked, yakked, drank coffee, smoked, just had a grand ole time. She has so helped during this. I had nothing but my journal! Then I noticed her painting "The Scarlet Letter":) And I wanted it! Just too perfect! So we made a trade, neither of us having money. Prints for her [nudes and free-forms (sqiggles)] and the painting for me. :) And even better- the model is a friend of mine who used to work at Bogart's, tattoo laden and spirited as all get out. I LOVE the painting, more and more as I look at it:) Going to hang it over my bed......It has been truly awful. Today was so nice.....I'm half tempted to get the A as my third tattoo:)! Well, I wanted to show this off!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment