Sunday, May 31, 2009

Another side




In July I will be showing at the Perkins Center for the Arts in Collingswood, NJ, a show for emerging artists, and in September I will be showing at the RRCA as a Center Member artist. I've limited my shows for this year. Maybe during Christmas I will also include some work in the RRCA's Artful Giving.




I will be introducing my computer art, what I've labeled as my "elaborations". They are computer enhanced photographs. I fiddle around at night on the computer, distorting photos. I have a little black book where I note each change, each progression, as I'd never remember how I achieved an effect, from beginning to last elaboration, morphing of an image. There are quite a few series of this type of work. It interests me greatly, it is fascinating what the computer is capable of.




Busy week. I finished my inventory (quite large) and yesterday I made my first trip to the river with the new easel, turned out two pochades. Bright and breezy painting as was the day. Next Saturday the local artists will gather on the Glasstown Plaza to paint, draw, from 10 to 2. We are replacing the farmers market this year. The easel will come in handy then too.




Quite a difference between the computer art and the pochades, study, study, study......

No comments:

Post a Comment