Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sketching


Short post this morning, long day ahead. Two days ago I was hired to work Sundays at the RRCA, I start the 7th. Today I have some training. Then, there is a picnic for the local artists and musicians. Should be fun. Happy Holiday!


I threw my back out last Sunday doing power yoga, and I was in and out of bed rest all week. Very frustrating with having a new french easel that you have to carry. It's getting better slowly. Yesterday afternoon I was in some pain during a life drawing session at Artist Consortium, but that was my own fault as I lifted weights in the morning. I'm stubborn and pushed my body as I was feeling fine.....paid later.


I have two working sketchbooks, one landscape, one figure. Friday night I went to the local coffee shop and sketched one of our local artists/musician, turned out a nice likeness. I go out with my sketchbook from time to time and sketch the nightlife, and I needed to do something creative after being laid up all week. Yesterday they had a live model at the Consortium, it's a five dollar tip for two hours of drawing. The model was excellent, knew his poses, with staff and Pilate's ball this session. Quite interesting. As I was trained, it's important to study the figure, so I still try to do so. Still passionate about drawing.


I hope to get out there next week with the new easel. Have most supplies, even bug spray:).......

No comments:

Post a Comment