Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This Morning


I had enough paint on my palette leftover from the last painting to maybe knock out two little 5x7's- I opted to try an 8x10 masonite board. I've never painted on masonite before. I also tried a new approach to under painting summer foliage I read about- red, or alizron instead of the prussian blue I usually use. It was a little difficult at first, the paint didn't seem to want to "obey" at first, but then I got lost in the process of the paint application. The painting seemed to just grow and move. Looser than I have ever painted, which is what I am reaching for. I've looked at it this evening, it doesn't seem quite finished, but at one point this morning I sat back and thought- there, that's it, not another touch, and set it aside to dry. I won't touch it again, I want to study my spontaneity.


The little ones are much freer than the 16x20's. I want to bring that freedom to the larger canvases.


I have walked by the river most morning's for the past week, just breathing and living the presence of the river. Inhaling........


This afternoon I window shopped for french easels. I'm waiting for the president's generous stimulus, which I didn't receive last time.


My contribution to the economy............:)
I'm setting aside a week to do some important paperwork, which includes an inventory of work I'm half way through, then I'll return to the easel.

No comments:

Post a Comment