Thursday, November 5, 2009

Electric

By the way, some (John Sarno, Andrew Weil, etc.) call this type of back pain I think I had- TMS- Tension Myositis Syndrome. Sarno states that "most back pain is the result of the mind's interference with normal functioning of nerves and blood circulation to muscles" and I believe it because every time I got upset a localized knot of pain would surface. And the more I payed attention to it the more it would hurt. The more I wrapped my head around that knot, the tighter it got. Yoga and riding the reclining bike would erase the knot.
I rode my bike to Pathmark this morning for some healthier groceries I can't get at the local walkable mart, some would say that is far- it's enjoyable but it's also a chore. The traffic scares me. I recently told my mother that riding my bike for far errands was getting old- she said "But it keeps you trim". BUT. It's getting old. I'm 48. This morning I thought I'm not Wonderwoman, and I don't want to be. I'm way far beyond ever wanting to be Wonderwoman again.
My neighbor bought an electric bike this week. Hmmmmmm. Now, I've never thought about that possibility...........and I'm thinking.
I think partly why my back seized up was because I couldn't do it all and I was trying to with working. All anyone cared about was if I was producing more paintings for the series. I've half a mind right now to keep it to myself if I do continue the series and just "be" a Sunday Painter with my little watercolors for awhile. Sorry.
An electric bike. Hmmmmmm.........

No comments:

Post a Comment