Monday, November 9, 2009

Inner peace and a cappucino

My co-worker has jury duty this week so my days are changed- I have today and tomorrow off. I so needed it. It was emotional heavy-duty dealing with people- those who came to view Chun-Yan's work after reading the paper, and the artists mourning at the RRCA. I was completley exhausted by the end of work yesterday.
Just returned from a walk around the river with a cappuccino. The river was silver high tide, so beautiful in the dusk. I feel so lucky to be so near this landscape and if I hadn't so much to do today (laundry, cleaning) I would've gone out with my french easel. I was able to cross the new river bridge today, it's been closed as they were putting in handicap ramps. Nice. I am inspired, a tragedy has occurred, but I am inspired for knowing Kim and all her beauty- art and personality. And I was filled with a sense of peace walking.
Tomorrow is a full studio/painting day. Took me awhile to get to this point. Everything is in place- home, diet, exercise, papers, computer files. Going to work on the series, maybe sketch out three each fall and winter. Or more. Just immerse myself.
In January I am taking an adult workshop at the RRCA for watercolor. Maybe I'll be able to do something with my Sunday studies.......and I think I will begin again my work in digital art. I don't know about buying a Wacom as I planned, after purchasing Chun-Yan's painting. We'll see........
Some folks in this town have a really funny sense of humor. The bronze statue of Capt. Buck down at the river sports a striped wool scarf and a knitted purple leg warmer on his left leg. The leg warmer would have had to been sewn on. I keep forgetting my camera to take a pic of this......

1 comment:

  1. im caught red handed it seems.im the one who pt the stuff on capt buck.llast i knew his scarf was gone.hmm must stop by tomoow and see.and yes i stitched his leg warmer on.it was inteesting trying to get his scarf on.if you want i have some pics that i took of him if your interested

    ReplyDelete