Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back to "normal"




Yea, some would say- what is normal? That is what my boss said to me when I said we were back to normal, watching her hang a show. No more cleaning empty walls- they are now hung with lots of art! This Friday is Third Friday.


Think I'll watch Saw II tonite, horrors! I bought the DVD collection for myself at Christmas as a present, to the dismay of a friend. No amount of explanation would hold- he just couldn't see "someone like me" (painting those peaceful rivers) watching, much less owning a Saw movie. Aren't we all full of surprises sometimes though? Chuckle. I'm sleeping, eating well, exercising, taking my vitamins, losing weight. Today I learned how to transfer files from disk to my new computer. Almost installed the photo program, almost. Went to the gym instead. A relative hoped I could let go of the turmoil the nurse put me through, well. My hands are full. I don't have time for another community, the arts district and RRCA is quite enough. I went to a community meeting here at the apartment building Monday night, left before it finished. They want to create activities- bingo, dances, movie and game nights. I don't have time, I just don't. And now I want privacy when I'm home. They're nibby.


I'm busy. Last night was the beginning of Artworks. It was wonderful. Children creating inspire me and get me going. And to add- there were three of us "teaching"- all women artists, and the conversation about our work stimulated me. I am so thrilled to be doing this.


The director of the Weed and Seed program that runs Artworks asked me to be in a curated exhibition in February- "Herstory"- an annual exhibition of women artists. We will probably choose a Shade or two! Lovely and exciting!


Sunday I took some time to whip out another fall watercolor sketch. I also will be painting an enlargement (24x36) of a little '07 river for the RRCA library, can't wait to pick up a brush on this one!


Happy and busy...........

No comments:

Post a Comment