Monday, January 4, 2010

Finally figured it out




I don't know how to save pics from a media card on this computer, but I can import from my camera with the USB cable, just tried that. Two sample pics then- one- of my oh so cute kittie relaxing on the electric blanket, yes, the one that threw my back out last week. And another- an amusing portrait I did for my son, of one of his friends, for her Christmas. Next (when I get to it), ah, to install my Corel Paint Shop Pro so I can edit. This program is for photos, I have another Corel program for paint/the Wacom. No thousand dollar Adobe for me, can't afford, and if I can't do something with simpler tools- I'm lost.


In good spirits. Have been pain free for a few now, oh so nice. My home is clean and I've moved on to the busy work of educating myself about the laptop and Windows 7. This week too the RRCA is closed- today I went in to paint and clean, tomorrow clean, whatever is needed done thereafter. Don't have to dress for this. Being off a work schedule with the holidays, snow, now our renovations is a bit unnerving. I don't have a routine, flow. And I had the worst insomnia taking the muscle relaxers. Figures, that's my body, at backwards odds with medication. Relaxed insomnia.


A word about resolutions as the subject came up at work today. The subject came up when I stepped outside to have a smoke. "What about the New Year's?!!!!!" everyone asked. Well, what about it? I said I wasn't about to stress myself out. That my resolution this year was to NOT make a resolution. I knew one thing, that my body didn't like all the holiday food I put into it- I just wanted to eat greens again instead of baking fats. Feeling miserably weighted was enough for me to WANT to live healthier. So I have a desire, not a resolution. I also have six months worth of nicotine replacement, and about 12 exercise DVD's. I could lose 30 lbs. Ewwwwww, lose weight and quit smoking, sure, ALL BY NEXT WEEK!!!!!!! YEAH!




I'll let you know what my stats are in June, hows that?...............:).....The holidays were nice. I had a lot of Christmas spirit this year. It was even fun on Facebook. But the day after lost me. So much talk of shopping, STILL. Shake my head. New Year's Eve I fell asleep and woke five to midnight, tired of the holiday hype........

No comments:

Post a Comment