Thursday, January 7, 2010

Zen Moments


I was briefly watching QVC tonite and they were selling flame less candles "for those Zen moments we all want after the holidays and New Years". I had to laugh, could laugh as I had centered myself today, but I'm really not sure how laughable it all is. The holidays. Compounded with a Facebook November high school reunion I almost attended, and the gallery's Annual Artful Giving- ending with our annual closing and renovations during the New Year- it's all quite a ride. Aside from working in a gallery where sales are necessary for our educational programs, after the fact, it all seems a little too commercial, for me, and I think I'll stay off the merry go round next year as much as possible. Facebook is really too much with everyone reporting on shopping and baking and decorating. And I found I wasn't so far off base with my New Years cleaning as I thought- lots of people do after the holidays, organizing and getting rid of stuff.

I had a really upsetting doctors visit this week, very negative I thought, with the nurse I see every three months by state law for my head injury. I was off balance with the holidays and PMS and insomnia, and I explained this, but she didn't take it lightly. I did, this too shall pass. But she was full of gloom and doom and premonition, upsetting me much. Very disturbing for fifteen minutes every three months. I disregard a lot of what she says, she isn't holistic and would rather push pills than vitamin therapy.

I started a diet detox cleanse today, to last a week, began vitamin C for teeth and Valerian for the insomnia. She would prefer I get a sponsor, out of the blue, and go to meetings so others can tell me when I'm off. I knew I was off, I told her! I'm sticking with the diet. I don't have time for more relationships complicating my mind. And I've never been comfortable with the trading of obsessions- if you know what I am saying.

Pilates tonite then, very welcome. I've avoided the gym this week with the new influx of members and new resolutions, will return when it calms.

The RRCA was closed this week but I worked Mon, Tues, Wed, will work Saturday morning- cleaning and painting. I will be glad when work schedule returns to normal- we all will be. Next Tuesday Artworks starts, for 12 weeks where in I am a teacher's aide, I am still teaching Silver Run, and the 20th my watercolor class begins- for four weeks.


The nurse asked if I was motivated. HUH? Another person I sadly shake my head at, and I'll talk to people who know me for longer than fifteen minutes instead..........


Lovely lamp my sister in law gave me for Christmas, ambiance! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment